Saturday, March 6, 2010

GREEN BUNNIES

I love trying new things with food and finding fun ways to make my boys enjoy their food. Canyon has always been an amazing eater and will eat his broccoli before anything else but Sawyer is a little pickier and is not a fan of eating broccoli in big pieces so I blended the broccoli with milk and made Green Bunnies! Sawyer loved it and Canyon thought having Green bunnies was pretty cool. Remember there is never a need to use butter especially in Mac n Cheese. It doesn't taste any different without the butter. (My opinion of course) Butter Other options for butter are steaming instead or using olive oil. If you find a good spray bottle for your olive oil, it's easy to use it in moderation and cover your food better before cooking. Pampered Chef makes a great one specific for this. If I am sauteeing vegetables I will sometimes just use water unless I want the extra flavor, then I will use Olive Oil. Other oils that add flavor that are fun are Walnut Oil, Peanut Oil, and Sesame Oil.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

The green bunnies do look delish!

I only use olive oil... and I wish I had known this trick back when my kids were little. YOU are too smart.

ToOdLeS.