Monday, October 20, 2008

HIKE TO EMERALD LAKE AND MORE

We went on one last hike in Rocky Mountain National Park before the cold weather hit. This was our final destination...Emerald Lake Incredible views This is a little out of order but this is my Grandpa reading me my favorite book...Curious George. Daddy saving my finger from this dishwasher! Ok...back to my hike. Although the trees were done changing here, the colors were still beautiful! I found a walking stick just my size! It was extremely cold by the lake but worth our time to enjoy some lunch and take in the views. Hey...I'm over to the right dad! Look at that cool log!
This is the view from my house just after our first dusting of snow. I know...back to my hike. Dad was super man carrying me the entire way. I love you daddy! Family photo. I have become a real good hiker and mom is patient enough to let me go! Until next time...

1 comment:

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

Canyon, you get to see the most amazing things- thank you for sharing them with us! Maybe I'll wait to come visit in the spring when it's warmer, because I'm not sure my South Carolina blood can handle snow and cold.

Love,
Eleanor