Thursday, November 22, 2007

WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR

I woke up this morning to find a big bird in my kitchen. I tried to save him but I think I was too late. "Please wake up Mr. Turkey!" In honor of Mr. Turkey, I decided to participate in the Fort Collins Turkey Day Run with my mom. Don't be fooled, I am actually inside working hard to make this stroller move! I finished my very first race! When we got home mom and me had to show off our t-shirts. They even put pictures of Mr. Turkey on them. Turns out he's a popular guy on Thanksgiving Day! I told grandpa Vern how I tried to save Mr. Turkey and how the whole town decided to run in honor of him. Even Halee couldn't believe it! Mom told me that people not only honor Mr. Turkey on this special day but take time to give thanks for the many blessing in our lives! Before I say goodnight I must first tell you about some of the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for my turkey hat, Halee and Chaco, my unlimited milk supply, grandmas and grandpas, friends and family, warm baths, Mr. Turkey and My Great Pumpkin, my jumparoo, clothes that fit my long limbs, huge feet, and off the chart head, my kissable cheeks, pampers, and for my mom and dad who love me more than I could have ever imagined!

2 comments:

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

Happy first Thanksgiving to you, Canyon! I had a great one too, although Mommy and Daddy didn't let me eat any turkey :( Thanks for your comment on my blog- I wish I could be your boyfriend but I think a long-distance relationship would be hard. Also, Mommy says were related somehow. I do think you are ADORABLE and I hope we can be good friends!

Love,
Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Canyon your turkey hat was the best. Did your dad get one to? I am thankful God created you and that I can say we are friends.Now Canyon you can really get excited because we get to celebrate Jesus's birthday and you get presents to! I love ya, talk to you soon. Aunt Peggy Speedster