Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trip to the Coast

We were so excited to go see the ocean but cautious of the big noises we were hearing. I reassured Sawyer that it would be ok.
And that was all it took for him to get that mischievous look in his eyes.
I have to admit I am the cautious and practical one in the family so when I see HUGE waves and LOUD sounds, I think it's best to just stay a safe distance away from all that.
Sawyer is brave and a bit of a dare devil so he was quite comfortable being up close with daddy by his side.
Halee was the bravest of all and once off her leash she did not stop!
Mom and Dad
I was super happy to find this stick that washed up on shore just for me!
Sand is the perfect canvas for creating a masterpiece.
Mommy's boys
This was just seconds before the water snuck up on mom and soaked her. Thankfully she was quick enough to sweep up Sawyer and keep him dry. And I was able to say "told you so, mom."
Sawyer taking in the views.
Daddy's boys. Can't go to the ocean without stuffed animals and buzz light year.
Our next adventure was to Munson Falls and we were prepared with our new rain boots!
Sawyer and I were amazed at how big this waterfall was!
We had so much fun on this little hike.
Watching the falls.
How come I am so cute you ask? Well (his response) daddy?
I love my little brother
With all the rain, we knew there would be puddles to be found!
Our hiding tree.
LOVE this picture of Canyon
We had to play our favorite Tiger/Monster game with daddy!
He found us!
Another adventure to the Aquarium. These are our tickets in!!
We found cool caves...
And Sawyer made sure to kiss all the sea animals.
Don't try this at home...we are professionals.
This was our road block on the way to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Thank goodness there was another way to get there. With all the rain, the hillside completely fell into the road.
And this is where all the umpalumpas work.

And Sawyer made sure to kiss the cow good bye and thank him for all the milk and cheese he provides to his tummy.

What a great adventure to the coast. The first time we stayed at the beach house was when Canyon was four months old. We never could have dreamed of being able to recreate those memories over and over. Such a special place. Thank you Speedster!!

2 comments:

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

Your pictures are incredible, Stacie!! The boys are adorable- looks like so much fun to have them walking on the hikes now instead of riding. Wish we could come visit the beautiful place you live! Maybe someday when we win the lottery :)

Anonymous said...

I agree awesome family photos! Yeah, a trip to the beach on Jesus. He is so good to us.
Love you guys, thanks for sharing your photos.