
Today was such a special day for Greg and me.

Greg bought a season pass this year to Bachelor and I decided with the kids that I would try to take up cross country skiing, so this day was not on my
raider until last night when I sent a text to our amazing baby sitter who was available to watch the boys.

We could never be prepared for how beautiful this day was. This was only the 5
th day the summit of bachelor was open so we made it all the way up to only have our breath taken away by how magnificent the views were from up here.

So many memories flooded back to us. When Greg and I took a year off to travel, we spent 4 months in Steamboat, CO as snowboard instructors living in our 5
th Wheel in FREEZING weather all winter long. We spent each and every day in our snow gear and putting it back on today was such a fun and scary feeling!!

This is my amazing husband who I love SO much. It was on the
snowlift we fell in love and knew that someday we would be husband and wife.

It took me a couple of runs to get my confidence up but it really did come back. The last time I was on my board, I was pregnant with Canyon.

When I put my
snowboots on I quickly realized my feet were a little bigger since having 2 kids and my boots were TIGHT! When we got off the mountain I could not feel my frozen numb feet but it was SO worth it!!

The best part of our day was coming home to our boys running to the door and yelling, "MOMMY, DADDY"!! We realized in our 3 1/2 years of being parents how important it is to take this time away together and do something we love doing. I am going to join Greg once a month on the mountain and make this a date!!
1 comment:
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!! It looks like you had such a great time and it was just a beautiful day! Yah! :)
Post a Comment