Monday, March 14, 2011

MY BOYS

I find myself so eager to go on big adventures with the boys that I can sometimes miss out on the greatness of the little ones we have throughout our day! We took a walk down to a St Patrick's Day event and ended up at Cafe Yumm on our way home. Sawyer amazed me by walking the entire way there and back while Canyon (our more sensitive child) stayed warm under blankets in the stroller. It was very windy and cold/rainy that day.
I LOVE how the boys always want to participate in baking. A friend recently asked how I do all of this and it's with help of my eager boys! Get your kids involved in the things that may otherwise take time away from them.
Sawyer just loves to be near me when I am prepping my veggies for meals for the week and will amaze me at what he will eat raw...today it was zuchinni and bok choy. I am reminded at every meal how blessed I am to have boys who will eat anything I make!
If you look close enough you can see a tooth turning grey that was the result of a ledge that met the tooth head on.
We have been playing a lot of letter BINGO which I have to admit is pretty fun, especially since the winner gets to have a sweet tart!
We also recently started homeschooling and I am having so much fun watching the boys soak up all the information. Never underestimate the brain of a small child. Even if they can't verbalize an understanding, the information is being processed by them!
We are working on our book of creation and learning numbers along with it. Sawyer is learning the numbers while Canyon is already working on putting words together as he has mastered the sounds they all make.
These are the little adventures we have every day and I love them just as much as the big ones!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So fun! Did you end up ordering that homeschooling curriculum or are you just piecing stuff together? See you guys soon! :)

ShEiLa said...

Your little boys are darling... they look like so much fun.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I have not had much time for blogging lately... but I do check in on you from time to time.