Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Proxy Falls

Our little eater...yes he is a BIG eater! We had a quick picnic lunch before our next adventure up to Proxy Falls after our lava adventure. We had no idea that our day could get any better until we started off on our hike. The weather was perfect, the moss on all the trees and logs was the most beautiful green you have ever seen and the color of the leaves changing was spectacular as our backdrop into this amazing place.
This young man was a great addition to this photo so you can see the massiveness of Proxy falls.
So amazing!
We decided to climb down into the bottom of the falls and we were so glad we did.
Sawyer often falls asleep in the backpack which is hilarious considering how bumpy the ride must be.
A hike we will definitely remember. Sawyer is sleeping:)
This is just a snapshot of the leaves we encountered against the black lava, green moss, and huge trees. Again wishing I could capture the true colors of this on my camera. I so badly want to take a class!!
Our first view of the falls before deciding to find a way down to the bottom!
Huge trees everywhere!
What a trail!! It really couldn't have been a more beautiful day!!

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

The falls are absolutely gorgeous!

I think your photos are wonderful.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. with my current knee problems I am really jealous of all of your hiking expeditions. YOU both have to be so fit to backpack the kids around. Kudos to YOU both.

Greta said...

Great pictures Stacie. I've been here for almost 20 years and haven't even heard of Proxy Falls. I'll have to get my family up there. :) I love love LOVE that you guys do as much hiking as you do.

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! I know how you always want to improve though- I wish I could capture the true beauty of my children!!