Sunday, July 12, 2009

Handprints on My Heart

After church today we went on a little adventure to find a place to cool off. Canyon loves to throw rocks and sticks in the water. His wet little hand left this beautiful print on a nearby dry rock. It's moments like this that stop me in my tracks and I take a picture...one that will not only be a print on a rock but a permanant print on my heart. I stare off at my sleeping baby who is so peaceful and unaware of the beauty that is surrounding him at this very moment. The water, rocks, trees, and mountains...
The hot sun warming his little toes...
Pure, Simple, Beautiful.
I catch my husband kissing his boy he never knew he could love so much.
I see a face that makes my heart smile
A face that makes my heart laugh
And I wonder what his little heart is feeling, thinking...
And I look back at him on our way home and remember all the special moments that were just forever imprinted on my heart.

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I had just checked your blog minutes ago... no changes. Then just as I was about to sign out... this post. I love it. Children are so special and they grow up so fast. They truly leave 'handprints on your heart'. Thank you for sharing.
ToOdLeS.

Greta said...

This was beautiful Stacie!

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

Your words truly inspire me and your children are GORGEOUS!! We love you guys!