Wednesday, December 28, 2011

STEEL HEAD FALLS

As I get a little older, I realize the importance of following the signs when going on an adventure. I took a moment out of my hike to teach Sawyer how to read arrows. I know it looks like we are being silly here, but I was trying to distract everyone from looking at Sawyers zipper being down. This is not a good thing to have when you are getting ready to hike.
Soon we were off to find Steel Head Falls!
I ran ahead to make sure the path would be kid friendly since my brother is only 2.
Turns out he had super grippy shoes to make it through all the loose sand.
I stopped often to wait for my family to catch up with me and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I especially liked the orange pigment on the rock beside me. It was worthy of a pose!
I am always so proud of my little brother. He is quite the little hiker.
On my next break I spotted this castle made out of rock. I was so excited to show my family once they caught up to me! If you can't see it you need to look at the top of the photo.
Before we knew it, the falls snuck right up on us! It was the most beautiful turquoise color!
We could have stayed here forever and starred at this falls but I knew there was lunch approaching and I wanted to run ahead and find the perfect spot.
Sawyer was ready...
Until he found a dog to pet!
Once we found our lunch spot, Sawyer and mom played peekaboo behind this really neat tree!
And I observed my mom pretending to be a monkey. I was amused but too hungry to really care.
Sawyer gave it a try too!
THAT was funny!
After our lunch we walked a little further in hopes to find a place to throw some rocks!
We found the perfect little spot.
Mom rounded up some sticks, grass, and a red berry and made me my very own fishing pole! Unfortunately the fish were not biting.
Sawyer found his very own version of a fishing pole and tried his hardest to catch a fish too.
Thanks mom and dad for a great adventure!

No comments: