Tuesday, November 15, 2011

PERSPECTIVE

This tree is my dream Christmas Tree. I was determined to make it ours this year! The first thing I did when I got home was to look it up and my dreams were crushed when I read..."This tree would make a great Christmas tree except for the needles fall off in the winter."
Bummed!
Our adventure for the day was to find a fire lookout on top of Green Ridge but after 2hrs we were defeated and turned back. We had this vision of looking out over the Cascade Mountain Range but instead we were socked in the middle of a bunch of trees, crazy roads, snow dispersed here and there and wind that made the huge pine trees sway back and forth. The best part...I loved every minute of it. It's all about the adventure. It's about the time we spent together in the car. The boys are amazing ALWAYS when we take them on these crazy outings. They find joy in the very little things that we experience on these adventures.
They make my heart full of JOY!
It's the little things...
And the silly things that matter to them in this season.
We spent our next day of daddy's weekend taking a little walk through Shevlin Park!
When daddy is off from work, the boys can not get enough of him. He is every child's dream daddy...why?
Because he turns tree roots into monsters...
And chases the boys over and over and over until they retreat in his arms!
He hides behind the bushes and ambushes them with his big scary ROAR!
And discovers dinosaur bones and Saber Tooth Teeth for us to put in our treasure box!
He is in every part of their story making it better every time.
This is what I (mommy) get to enjoy on every adventure...documenting every moment! Many find this to be just a tree but there is a very amazing story behind this tree and we are a part of it. We are a part of His story and I am so so so thankful!!!

No comments: