Only a mom knows what if feels like to carry her baby inside
The first kick, hiccup, roll, and ribcage where you can sometimes hide
Only a mom can explain what if feels like to see her child for the first time
In awe of your presence, your touch and your heartbeats perfect rhyme
Only a mom can distinguish between her babies different cries
Telling her you're hungry, tired, or you just want her close by
Only a mom can stare at her child for hours on end
Afraid of missing a moment that time may lend
Only a mom can know what it means to sacrifice her life
Her career, her body and hair from ever looking nice;)
Only a mom can appreciate just how little those things mean
When they would be willing to give up everything
Only a mom can understand the depth of her joy
While holding and feeding her precious little boy
Canyon you amaze me and I am so proud that you're the one
Who God entrusted me with to raise you as my son
Every day you teach me something new
About life, happiness and just how much I can love you
Your smile and expressions make my heart melt
Without you all these things I never could have felt
On this day I celebrate you as my son
My first Mother's Day an unforgettable one
I LOVE YOU CANYON!
LOVE MOMMY
1 comment:
Canyon you have the best mom in the whole world.
Love you,Peggy
Post a Comment